Passionate about Databricks and Data Engineering?
Aivix has been in operation for over a year and recently achieved AWS Select Partner & Databricks Registered partner status. We excel in offering analytics solutions that facilitate data-driven digital transformations for our customers. Aivix is currently looking for data engineers who are interested in Databricks. You will be shaping the beating heart of the data strategy at our customers.
Together with the whole Intellus Family, we are an enthusiastic group. We encourage everyone to be themselves while actively empowering an entrepreneurial mindset. Ready to contribute to help and build our growing story?
As a Databricks Engineer you will be involved in:
- Making use of best practices in Databricks;
- Big Data and AI projects
- Having conversations with the customer to correctly identify the data needs;
- Developing data pipelines (ELT and ETL);
- Combining data from multiple sources in an efficient and performant manner;
- Developing smart algorithms and statistical models to extract insights from data;
- Support data scientists with data preparation and deployment;
- Advising the customers (business analysts, data scientists) on the correct usage of their data.
For this role we are looking for the following skills & experiences:
- You have a bachelor or university degree or equivalent by experience. A post-graduate is an asset;
- Strong programming skills, particularly in languages such as Python (PySpark, Pandas), Scala, SQL, …;
- You have knowledge of big data principles (such as distributed processing);
- You have an understanding of data management principles, data architecture design patterns, and data modelling techniques;
- You possess strong collaboration and communication skills, with an ability to work effectively with diverse teams;
- You speak English fluently, some words of Dutch or French are a plus
- Your current residence is in Belgium or Luxembourg
What we can offer:
Professional growth opportunities:
- You will face a variety of projects where you can use state-of-the-art technologies
- We offer an individualized learning path with dedicated feedback and training sessions
- We don’t only focus on your technical skills, we also provide you with the necessary guidance to become a seasoned business professional
- We offer both numerous internal and external trainings and knowledge sharing sessions
- We provide flexible work-at-home arrangements according to the client’s needs
- Our offices are located in Boortmeerbeek and Ghent
- We offer 32 holidays (20 legal days + 12 additional days)
- You will join a diverse and inclusive team where everyone is valued
- We have numerous fun social activities such as team buildings, a yearly trip abroad, sporting events, …
- We have a family-like atmosphere, and we take pride in our supportive work environment.
- We believe in looking out for one another and celebrating each other’s successes
- We offer a competitive renumeration package with bonuses and a company car/mobility budget. During the application process, we are happy to go into this in more detail